Today, on March 12, 2018, head of the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction (hereafter the Center) held a working meeting with the head of the Kokshetau Technical Institute of the Committee for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – KTI) colonel of civil protection Syrym Sharipkhanov.
During the meeting, the Director of the Center informed the Head of the KTI about the results of the Center’s activities, functions and challenges the Center is facing. The parties discussed plans for further joint cooperation in the field of prevention and liquidation of natural and man-made emergency situations. Particularly attention was paid to:
- Comparative analysis of normative and legal acts in the field of emergency situations and civil defense /protection of Central Asian countries. Definition of principles of rapprochement of legal basis in the field of protection from emergency situations of the countries of Central Asia in the framework of the signed bilateral and multilateral Agreements;
- Preparation of draft documents on harmonization of legislation in the field of emergency situations and civil defense/protection of CA countries;
- Forming proposals on a unified model of interaction of the assets and capabilities of the countries of Central Asia involved in the liquidation of large-scale emergency situations;
- Preparation of the draft interstate coordination mechanism for emergency response in accordance with interstate and international treaties, agreements, rules and procedures of the UN.
- Inclusion of the scientific and teaching staff of the KTI in the regional roster of experts of the Center in the field of disaster risk reduction for the prevention and liquidation of natural and man-made emergencies.
Also, during the meeting parties decided that all scientific publications of the KTI in the field of prevention and liquidation of natural and man-made emergency situations will be posted on the Center’s website.
In so doing, the Director of the Center assured that the KTI will be provide comprehensive assistance in matters of scientific activity, building staff capacity and involvement of KTI to implement projects in the field of DRR and natural and man-made emergencies.