On May 4, 2018, in the city of Almaty, the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction and Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University held a ceremony of signing the Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation.
The main areas of cooperation of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University and the Center are:
- software development, providing products and services;
- involvement of experts in training, workshops, seminars, meetings, training courses, summer schools, etc.
- development of academic cooperation (practical training (Internship) of students, staff);
- cooperation in the field of research (participation in fundamental and applied research projects);
- increasing the qualifications of the experts and professionals through special exercises, workshops, training courses;
- updating the database of experts.
During the meeting, the rector of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University, Doctor of Education, Professor Takir Balykbaev spoke about the challenges facing the university in its ninetieth anniversary, the need to modernize higher education system and revise the contents of educational programs for the real needs of labor market, the development of digital educational resources. Particular attention Takir Balykbaev focused on approaches for learning and enhancement of qualification of teachers.
In turn, the director of the Center Valeriy Petrov informed Takir Balykbaev about the Center’s activities, its goals, objectives, and capacity. He informed about the readiness of the Center to implement cooperation through the planning and implementation of joint activities in the field of disaster risk reduction, emergency management.