THE SECOND REGIONAL
CONSULTATIVE MEETING ON STRENGTHENING JOINT COORDINATED ACTIONS ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC RESPONSE at the regional level
On July 10, 2020 the Center arranged and conducted the second Regional Consultative Meeting via videoconference with participation of representatives of Regional and Sub-Regional Offices of:
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (Almaty, Bishkek, Dushanbe);
- United Nations Development Programme (Istanbul);
- United Nations Development Programme in Kazakhstan;
- United Nations Development Programme in Kyrgyz Republic;
- United Nations Disaster Risk Reduction (Almaty)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (Almaty)
- United Nations International Organization for Migration (Nur-Sultan)
- Food and Agriculture organization of United Nations;
- Europe Union Representative Office in Kazakhstan
- Red Crescent of Kazakhstan (Almaty).
A progress report on implementation of agreements taken at the Regional Consultative Meeting on April 22, 2020 was presented to the participants of the Regional Consultative Meeting.
During the meeting the participants of the Regional Consultative Meeting have exchanged information on measures taken by the international organizations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at the regional level.
Also participants actively discussed a perspective of implementation of the regional projects taking into account current situation on COVID-19 pandemic.
The participants have detailed discussed on the current situation of pandemic COVID-19 spreading across the Central Asian countries, as well as the participants of the second Regional Consultative Meeting have reached a following agreement:
- conduct the Regional Consultative Meeting at least once a mouth;
- provide to the Center updated plan on implementation of the projects taking into account current situation in region with the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Center to consider the issue on facilitation of information exchange between State Authorities of Central Asian countries.
The Participants highlighted the actuality of consultative meeting and need on permanent information exchange on activities taken by partners.