Information about the Center
The Center is a permanent intergovernmental body, an international organization established to ensure effective mechanisms to decrease the risk of emergencies, to mitigate the consequences, to organize a joint response through agreed measures of the Parties and to stimulate regional and international cooperation.
In 2016 establishment of the Center completed and on September 14, 2016 was officially openned.
- compliance with the universally recognized norms and principles of international law;
- cooperation in accordance with the national legislation of the Parties;
- cooperation considering solidarity and equal partnership.
- develop cooperation in disaster risk reduction, prevention and elimination of emergency situations;
- mitigate factors of disaster risk, identify, assess, forecast and monitor emergency situation hazards;
- coordinate mutual efforts and strengthen preparedness for effective and timely response to emergencies;
- implement regional and international cooperation in DRR and emergency management;
- increase safety of life activities of population during natural and manmade emergencies;
- involve international and non-profit organizational grants for disaster risk reduction, development and implementation of joint international projects;
- implement international and other programs in the field of disaster risk reduction, prevention and elimination of emergency situations.
Center’s Main Functions:
- cooperation with interested parties in emergency management and DRR field;
- implementation of joint international projects in emergency management and DRR field;
- conduct of special exercises, workshops, training courses and other events;
- implementation of measures for the harmonization of legislation in emergency management and DRR field;
- participation in preparation and conduct of international exercises, rescue and humanitarian operations in the territories of the Parties and in other countries, assistance in securing participation of the forces and resources of the Parties in these events;
- exchange of experience and implementation of best practices for emergency management and disaster risk reduction;
- other activities in emergency management and DRR field.
The Center is open for other states to join it. The decision about other state’s accession is made by mutual agreement of the Parties.
An international organization or other country that is not a Party to this Agreement may be granted an observer status.
In accordance with the official request of MFA of Afghanistan, by the Decision of the Center’s Council dated September 14, 2016 Islamic Republic of Afghanistan was granted an observer status at the Center.
Center is funded by the contributions of the Parties, donor funds, grants of international organizations, voluntary contributions of individuals and legal entities, as well as other sources that don’t contradict the national legislation of the Parties.
State-founders of the Center supervise the activities of the Center through the Council of the Center. The Council of the Center consists of heads of the competent bodies of each of the Parties. The Council determines the strategic directions of the Center. Decisions at meetings of the Council of the Center are made by consensus.
The Center has everything to organize and conduct international exercises, forums, conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, training courses, workshops and other related activities using just the capacity of the Center, as well as in cooperation and collaboration with governmental and international organizations.
The office of the Center is located in the center of Almaty in close proximity to a number of hotels (Grand Voyage Hotel, Hotel Rixos, etc.), financial, educational and research organizations, universities, cultural, sport and entertainment centers, cafés and restaurants