The Center is a permanent intergovernmental body, an international organization established to ensure effective mechanisms to decrease the risk of emergencies, to mitigate the consequences, to organize a joint response through agreed measures of the Parties and to stimulate regional and international cooperation.
The Center was accredited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan as an intergovernmental body, international organization, legally registered and staffed by appropriate personnel. On September 14, 2016, CESDRR was officially opened.
- develop cooperation in disaster risk reduction, prevention and elimination of emergency situations;
- mitigate factors of disaster risk, identify, assess, forecast and monitor emergency situation hazards;
- coordinate mutual efforts and strengthen preparedness for effective and timely response to emergencies;
- implement regional and international cooperation in DRR and emergency management;
- increase the safety of life activities of the population during natural and man-made emergencies;
- involve international and non-profit organizational grants for disaster risk reduction, development, and implementation of joint international projects;
- implement international and other programs in the field of disaster risk reduction, prevention and elimination of emergency situations.