Representatives of emergency authorities of Central Asia and International Organizations will discuss and coordinate joint actions on strengthening regional cooperation and implementation Sendai Framework for DRR in Central Asia
Within the frame of UNDRR initiative ”Strengthening disaster resilience and accelerating implementation of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction in Central Asia 2019-2022” for 2019-2022, funded by European Union, the Center jointly with the UN Regional Office for Disaster Risk Reduction will conduct Regional consultative meeting on strengthening of regional cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction and implementation of Sendai Framework for DRR in Central Asia.
This high-level meeting will be hold within the frame of the permanent consultative platform, established by Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries – the Regional Forum – Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries.
An agenda of Regional consultative meeting includes:
- Information on measures taken to strengthen regional cooperation within the Regional Forum – Meeting of the Heads of Emergency authorities of Central Asia.
- Achieved outcomes, issues of Action Plan implementation (Road Map) on implementation of Framework of strengthening of regional cooperation of Central Asian countries in the field of DRR for 2019-2021.
- Submittal of initial draft of Regional Disaster Risk Profile.
- Submittal of initial draft of Regional Strategy for DRR.
- Coordination and cooperation in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, Regional Dialogue of countries-parties of the UN dated of 17 September 2020.
- Information on current situation, achieved outcomes, issues of implementation of Sendai Framework for DRR on national and regional levels.
- Information about Regional Programs, projects and plans in the field of DRR for 2020-2021.
The results of the discussion and proposals for coordinating joint actions to strengthen regional cooperation in the field of DRR, as well as the implementation of the Sendai Framework for DRR in Central Asia will be reflected in the Final Document of the Regional Consultative Meeting.