On September 1, 2022, the Center and the Asian Disaster Reduction Center in Kobe signed a Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation.
The objectives of this Memorandum are to establish functioning relations between the Parties, while the Parties have identified the following main areas of cooperation:
- Consolidation of joint efforts to create the Central Asian Disaster Early Warning System, taking into account the existing advanced experience and practice of Japan;
- planning and implementation of measures in the field of disaster risk reduction and emergency situations through the initiation, development, promotion and participation in the implementation of national, interstate and international programs and projects;
- advanced training of experts and specialists from the states of the Central Asian region, international and non-profit organizations, scientific institutions and other stakeholders;
- taking the necessary measures to introduce innovative information and communication systems in disaster risk reduction in the Central Asian region based on the experience and practice of Japan;
- development, improvement and introduction into practice of methodological and methodological materials, common terminology, standardized forms and systems for receiving, collecting, processing, storing, protecting, analyzing and interchanging information.