- The Center has been implementing measures as a Regional Resource Center on Monitoring of Sendai Framework implementation
UNDRR jointly with the Center in order to foster the achievement of Global Targets defined by Sendai Framework for DRR for 2015-2030 and within the frame of the project “Strengthening regional cooperation and facilitation of Sendai Framework implementation in Central Asia” conducted trainings on Sendai Framework Monitoring for representatives of Emergency authorities of Central Asian countries:
- 9 March 2021 – for representatives of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- 10 March 2021 – for representatives of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- 11 March 2021 – for representatives of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- 12 March 2021 – for representatives of Turkmenistan.
- 13 March 2021 – for representative of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The participants noted the effectiveness of separate training for Central Asian countries and the need for the further training with participation of international experts.
Based on proposals of representatives of Central Asian countries, on 17 March 2021 The Center conducted the regional training with participation of expert from Asian Disaster Preparedness Center- Mr. Bill Ho and the head of the Secretariat of the National DRR Platform of the Kyrgyz Republic – Almabek Aidakeyev.
They shared their practical experience on compiling the Sendai Report. The training was held in interactive and confidential atmosphere.
The Center as a Regional Resource Center on Sendai Framework Monitoring for Central Asian and South Caucasus region organizes and conducts training on Sendai Monitoring for representatives of Central Asian countries on regular basis.
The Project “Strengthening Regional Cooperation and Facilitation of Sendai Framework Implementation in Central Asia” has been implementing within the Initiative of UNDRR “Strengthening disaster resilience and accelerating implementation of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction in Central Asia” funded by the European Union.