The Center, together with the Scientific Center for Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery, is implementing the “Readiness of families under patronage supervision for emergencies” component of the UNICEF project “Strengthening the system of the Universal readiness of families under patronage supervision for emergencies”.
The main tasks of the project component are:
- Development of training materials on emergency situations and the protection of children from violence for inclusion in the training program for patronage nurses in the Turkestan region;
- Conducting a 5-day training on emergency situations for patronage nurses in the Turkestan region;
- Participation in the training for trainers in patronage service;
- Development of checklists, formation of a list of criteria for determining the potential vulnerability of a family/child in the event of an emergency;
- Expert services for the development of an emergency algorithm;
- Development of an algorithm for the actions of patronage workers and family members to ensure safety in emergencies.
On January 20, 2023, the chief expert of the Center Ospanov B.M. as part of the training for trainers in the patronage service, he presented the developed Training Module on Emergency Situations for patronage nurses, as well as the Checklist for assessing the risk of an emergency situation and the Algorithm for actions of patronage workers and family members to ensure safety in emergencies.
The implementation of the Readiness of Families under Patronage Supervision for Emergencies component will equip patronage nurses with a tool for assessing the existing risks of emergencies, as well as provide nurses with information cards with recommendations for family members on actions in emergency situations and taking early measures to ensure their own safety and the safety of a newborn child.