As a part of the implementation of the decision of the meeting of the joint working group, held on February 9, 2021, in the city of Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic a meeting of the joint working group was held on the implementation of measures to integrate early warning systems of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic on May 17-18, 2021.
On May 17, 2021 representatives of Almaty Emergency department, the Institute of Seismology, LLP “Seismological experimental methodological expedition”(SEME), developers of the “Darmen” system and the Center visited the Crisis management center (CMC) under the Ministry of emergencies of the Kyrgyz Republic. During the visit, the guests from Kazakhstan got acquainted with the activities of the CMC, including the National comprehensive system of information and warning of population (NCSIWP), the mobile application "112 Kyrgyzstan".
On May 18, 2021, on the basis of the Central-Asian Institute for Applied Geosciences (CAIAG), a regular meeting of the joint working group was held.
During the meeting of the joint working group, the participants were provided with information:
• about the monitoring and data collection system: sensors, data transmission, software (SEME);
• about information processing in the Darmen system: algorithms, criteria, etc. (LLP "I2NIK");
• on the early warning system in Almaty Emergency Situations Department: organizational and legal issues;
• about the network of strong movement stations ACROSS in Kyrgyzstan.
The following issues were also discussed:
• data exchange: stations, protocols, software and others;
• the possibility of using the DARMEN system in Kyrgyzstan;
• multilateral cooperation agreement.
At the end of the meeting, participants of the meeting got acquainted with the activities of CAIAG, the results achieved in the field of studying the processes of global and regional changes and their impact on the environment, monitoring of hazardous natural processes, assessing multidisciplinary risks, reducing vulnerability to disasters, applied research in the areas of geodynamics and geo-disasters, geoecology, technical infrastructures and data management.
As a result of the joint working group meeting, a decision on the implementation of organizational and technical measures for the mutual transfer of data from the servers of the SEME (Almaty) and the CMC under the Ministry of emergency ituations of the Kyrgyz Republic (Bishkek) was reached.