The experts of the Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries, the UN office for Disaster Risk Reduction and the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction discussed and agreed on the practical measures for further development and strengthening cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction and disaster response for 2022-2023
Within the frame of the UNDRR Initiative “Strengthening disaster resilience and accelerating implementation of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction in Central Asia”, funded by the European Union, in the period from 28 to 29 July 2021, under the chairmanship of Uzbek party, the meeting of Working Group (of experts) of the Regional Forum-Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries was conducted in Tashkent.
The event was organized by the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction with the support of MES of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The experts from Central Asian countries discussed and agreed on the following document drafts, proposed for discussion at the upcoming Regional Forum-Meeting of the heads of emergency authorities of Central Asian countries in November 2021:
1. Draft “Strategy for the Development of Cooperation of the Central Asian countries in the field of disaster risk reduction for 2022-2030”
2. Draft “Regional Disaster Profile of Central Asian countries”.
3. Draft of the provision “of the Regional Coordination Mechanism on transboundary disaster response”.
4. Draft of Action Plan (Road Map) for 2022-2023 on the implementation of the Strategy for the Development of Cooperation of the Central Asian countries in the field of disaster risk reduction for 2022-2030.
5. Draft “Concept of the use of unmanned aerial aviation for disaster risk reduction, disaster prevention and response in Central Asian countries”.
These documents are aimed at implementing practical measures for the development and strengthening regional cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster response, especially transboundary disasters. Documents are also aimed at issues on improving data exchange, mutual disaster risk assessment, implementation of programs and projects in the field of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation, enhancing awareness of existing and novel risks, and transition to a new and improved level of regional cooperation among Central Asian countries in the field of DRR.
Central Asian countries expressed their intention to intensify joint efforts in the adoption of further coordinated measures at the regional level to achieve a better level of regional cooperation of Central Asian countries, which meets the vital interests of the countries of the region in the field of further sustainable development.
Annex: Protocol of the meeting of the Working group (of experts) of the Regional Forum-Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Situations of Central Asian countries.