Taking into account the risks of large scale and transboundary disasters and need to strengthen regional and international cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, disaster prevention and emergency response, on 4-5 November 2021 under the chairmanship of Uzbek side, the Regional Forum – Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries is planning to be conducted in Tashkent city.
The Regional Forum-Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries is permanent consultative platform on strengthening and development of the regional cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster prevention and emergency response. The countries – members of the Regional Forum are the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan. The Regional Forum is open for other countries to join.
At the Regional Forum, it is planned to submit for consideration, discussion and decision-making on:
- Draft of the Regional Strategy for DRR 2022-2030.
- Draft of the Regional Disaster Risk Profile.
- Draft of the Provision on “Regional Coordination Mechanism of large scale and transboundary disaster response”.
- Proposals on introduction of innovative information and communication technologies in Central Asian countries.
- Proposals on to assist in the planning and implementation of preventive and protective measures at potentially dangerous facilities (sites) that pose a threat of large-scale and transboundary disasters.
- Implementation of regional programs and project in the field of DRR and ES (World Bank, UNDRR, UNESCO).
- Draft of the Action Plan (Road Map) on the implementation of the Regional Strategy for DRR 2022-2023.
- Proposals on conducting of the next Regional Forum-Meeting of the Heads of Emergency Authorities of Central Asian countries.
- Protocol of the Regional Forum.
The high-level event will be held on 4-5 November 2021 in Tashkent city within the frame of UNDRR/EU Initiative “Strengthening disaster resilience and accelerating implementation of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction in Central Asia”.
Should you have any questions on the Regional Forum, please fill free to contact Ms. Elvira Torebekova, whatsapp + 7 701 888 0728, email firstname.lastname@example.org