The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction jointly with the Center for Emergency Situations and Disaster Risk Reduction in Almaty in order to foster the achievement of Global Targets, specified by Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 and within the frame of the Project “Strengthening regional cooperation and facilitation of Sendai Framework implementation in Central Asia” during the period from 15 to 24 September 2020 has conducted the training on Sendai Framework monitoring for representatives of State authorities of Central Asian countries:
- 15 September 2020 – for representatives of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- 15 September 2020 – for representatives of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- 18 September 2020 – for representatives of Turkmenistan.
- 21 September 2020 – for representatives of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- 24 September 2020 – for representatives of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Taking into account the situation on COVID-19 pandemic, the trainings have been conducted via videoconference for each country separately.
The Training program included 2 sessions:
- First session was dedicated to theoretical study of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and its goals, as well as review of other key agreements.
- Second session was dedicated to practical steps on importation of appropriate data for National Report of Sendai Framework for DRR.
During training course, the participants had considered several issues, they encountered in completing the 2019 report.
Participants noted the effectiveness of separate training for Central Asian countries and the need for further continuation of activities in the format of videoconference.
The Center, as a Regional Resource Center of the Regional Platform for DRR on Sendai Framework monitoring in Central Asian and Caucasus region organizes and conducts the training on Sendai Framework monitoring with representatives of CA region on the regular basis.The Project “Strengthening regional cooperation and facilitation of Sendai Framework implementation in Central Asia” has been carried out within the frame of UNDRR initiative “Enhancing sustainability to disasters and accelerating the implementation of Sendai Framework for DRR in Central Asia” 2019-2022, funded by the European Union.