In 2022, UNICEF in the Republic of Kazakhstan has prioritized continuous capacity building of its staff and government officials, non-governmental organizations and business partners on the Core Commitments for Children in emergencies and humanitarian actions.
CESDRR and UNICEF plan to implement all activities of the Project within the period from December 2022 to August 2023 according to the approved Joint Work Plan.
As part of the Work Plan, it is planned to work on the following:
1. Development and adaptation of the tools for assessing the needs of the population affected by emergencies, and tools for monitoring and assessing the situation after the provision of humanitarian assistance taking into account the experience already available in Kazakhstan and developments in the region and globally;
2. Review of the national and local government emergency preparedness and response plans in Kazakhstan and integration of the CCCs to these plans;
3. Strengthening capacities of the representatives of government agencies and non-governmental sector on the Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action and in the implementation of developed or updated needs assessment and monitoring tools;
4. Training of hotline operators (150, 111, 1414 and others) on feedback mechanisms for the population at risk of emergencies considering gender aspects, including informing the population on disaster resilience issues;
5. Increasing the capacity of stakeholders on issues of access to water, sanitation and hygiene in emergencies, development of tools for WASH in emergencies and
6. Procurement and prepositioning in case of a local emergency of hygiene kits for families with children or kits for spending time/playing for children with further distribution among the population based on emergency needs.